Friday, October 06, 2006

Passing Clouds

Its been almost two months now since I moved into the Bay Area and spending the best parts of my days in San Francisco. Ever since then I have sung to at least a hundred new people I have met, how much I enjoy being here. Leering at my East Coast friends at least a thousand times (given the fiend that I am) about not having to wear heavy shoulder drooping coats or cocooning in the woolen accessories almost suffocating like a tightly tucked claustrophobic kid. Announcing temperatures more blasphemously then the ‘Weight Loss’ commercials announcing the numbers of pounds they help loose without dieting and being so completely eager and happy to hear the initially envied later indifferent ‘Lucky yous’.
&
nbsp; And all of a sudden on the fateful 4th October of 2006, waking up to an overcast damp sky minus the best friend of a stubborn May born – the Sun, struck me like a lightening bolt. It was like being woken from the best dream you ever had just before it ends. Hopes of being out in sunshine vained like the complaining flames of a dying candle. The huge drops of rain and the obvious suggestions to buy an umbrella only added to the agony. The next day seemed no different. Annoyed and late with no sunshine to tickle me awake, armed with a hooded jacket, angry with my best friend I set out to conquer my work-infested world.
After a religiously routine day as I walked out of my office in the evening, the warm sunrays swept my dullness away, making me look foolish in the bright red hooded jacket. The gliders sweeping across the blue sky, SouthWest airlines taking off from Oakland International airport, soft distant Cirrocumulus clouds seemed assurance enough that my life had returned to normalcy. These passing clouds are mere drizzlers waking the mourning gloomy sky with the softest and appealing hues of blues and oranges.

2 comments:

Bharat said...

Well, it was almost the same feeling I had when I saw 'him' today morning! - From depression to a different notion called 'light in life'; except with a nostalgic taste of last year’s drooping experience; and a futuristic confrontation very much scheduled to happen!...

It’s going to rain and rain and rain, and I don’t know how much I am gonna whine!...this year again!

And eeh..."hues of oranges and blues"...good one...Two thumbs up...As usual, very well-written, which wld be monotonous to say too!

Rambler registries said...

hey D have tagged you. check my blog.